Call for Submissions: Writings on Re-imagining Justice
Call for Submissions
Nepal Institute of Justice announces “Essay Competition on Justice and Society”. Papers with original ideas related to justice and society are encouraged to submit.
Topics include, but are not limited to: restorative justice, community justice and traditional justice; mediation, ADR and non-adversarial justice; crime, punishment and prisons; violence in domestic and public spheres; and transitional and post-conflict justice.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Graduate or undergraduate students are eligible. Papers must be written solely by the authors and must not be published or under consideration elsewhere.
- Papers must range from 800-1500 words in length and be either in English or Nepali. Citations, if any, must be made in footnote style.
Competition Procedure and Selection Criteria
- Authors should provide their full name, affiliated university/institution’s name, email address, contact number and title of their paper in the first page of their paper.
- Following things will be taken into consideration while assessing the papers: a) creativity, b) knowledge and analysis, c) research), and d) clarity and organization.
- For each paper, equal number of reviewers will be requested. The authors receiving highest of average marks will be declared the winner.
Awards and Announcements
- The winning author will receive a cash prize of NRs 5000 and a trophy. The winner of will be announced on July 30, and will be awarded in an NIJ event.
- The winning paper will also be featured at NIJ’s official website and, if applicable, in its future publications.
Deadline and Submission
- The deadline for submission of all papers is June 30, 2017.
- All submissions must be made in MS-WORD Format.
- Please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Essay Competition 2017” by the deadline.